October 20, 2013
Location : Universidad Mayor, Law School, Santiago
The Law School at Universidad Mayor in Chile (UM) and the National Law Center for Inter-American Free Trade (NatLaw) are coordinating a meeting of the Trans-Pacific Latin American and East Asian countries with the purpose of establishing a common agenda and working groups on areas of commercial law ripe for unification or harmonization, particularly given their contributions to economic development.
The main topics of the agenda include:
- Simplified Stock Corporations (Sociedades por Acciones Simplificadas)
- Secured Financing for small and medium-sized business based on the OAS Model Inter-American Law on Secured Transactions and the UNCITRAL Legislative Guide on Secured Transactions
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Electronic Warehouse receipts
- And topics of interest as agreed by the participants
To see the full agenda, download a PDF of the Pacific Rim Colloquim Program below.