Date(s) - 10/17/2013 - 10/19/2013
Universidad Mayor, Law School
The Law School at Universidad Mayor in Chile (UM) and the National Law Center for Inter-American Free Trade (NatLaw) are coordinating a meeting of the Trans-Pacific Latin American and East Asian countries with the purpose of establishing a common agenda and working groups on areas of commercial law ripe for unification or harmonization, particularly given their contributions to economic development.
The main topics of the agenda include:
- Simplified Stock Corporations (Sociedades por Acciones Simplificadas)
- Secured Financing for small and medium-sized business based on the OAS Model Inter-American Law on Secured Transactions and the UNCITRAL Legislative Guide on Secured Transactions
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Electronic Warehouse receipts
- And topics of interest as agreed by the participants
To see the full agenda, click here Pacific Rim Colloquium Program.
For Bios, please visit our Bio Page.
Materials presented at the Colloquium can be accessed here.